Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Best Story Ever

Tonight I decided to take a slightly different approach to our normal storytime routine.  I don't know what came over me.  Call me crazy.  Ali wanted to hear On the Day You Were Born by Debra Frasier.  I'm not a huge fan of that book for reasons I cannot determine.  I just doesn't "sing" to me.  So, I thought I would take it in a new direction.  One that three young boys would certainly appreciate.  It went a little something like this:

On the day you were born the round planet Earth turned toward your BUTT, whirling past darkness, spinning the night into light.

On the day you were born gravity's strong pull held you to the Earth with a promise that you would never float away... while deep in space the burning Sun sent up towering flames, lighting your BUTT from dawn until dusk.

On the day you were born the quiet Moon glowed and offered to bring a full, bright face, each month, to your BUTT... while high above the North Pole, Polaris, the glittering North Star, stood still, shining silver light into your BUTT.

I'm sure you're getting the idea.  By the time I had done it a few times all the boys were shouting "butt" in chorus at the top of their lungs with every pause in the story.  I haven't had this much fun telling a story in I don't know how long.  And the boys all unanimously declared it the best story ever.

Score one for Mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment